Christmas in Salisbury

We flew to Salisbury on Thursday, December 20, 2007. and flew back to Jacksonville on Saturday, December 29th. Bill flew in on December 22 and also left on the 29th. Kate and Sal (and Jack) arrived Monday afternoon, the 24th and headed back to Wyomissing on the 27th.

Saturday, December 29, 2007: We flew home.
Friday, December 28, 2007:
Thursday, December 27, 2007: Bill took Margaret to her hair appointment a little after 0900. Kate, Sal and Jack packed up and were on the road about 0945 headed back to Reading. I had a long nap and felt much better. While I slept, the plumber came and replaced an element in the water heater. Unfortunately, Margaret has begun coughing and seems to have acquired our family cold. Victor and Elaine stopped by and attempted to organize a dinner party for tomorrow evening, but, collectively, we declined.
Bill always brings a box of candy Kate, Sal & Jack are headed home.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007: The women left a little before 10 to support the economy. The men went to Victor’s at 1030. Elaine was still there and we had bloody Maries before she left to join the rest of the women. Vic revealed that Jean was not feeling well and Jessie was still in bed, so they would not be joining the women. Victor treated us to three roasting pans of roasted oysters. We convinced him to withhold the 4th pan for himself. He followed this with a rich oyster stew and then scalloped oysters. We were back at the house and down for naps around 1310. The women shopped before Elaine joined them at Goin’ Nuts Café. Kate surprised Lyd by grabbing the lunch check. We had pizza for dinner. I had a terrible night with much coughing and mucus.
We had pizza for dinner. Jack slept.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007: Mother called at 0815 to report that a friend from church and her son from California will be coming to see her as no one should be alone on Christmas. I was the only one up to take the call. We opened presents and then had the traditional Laws Christmas breakfast. I went down for a nap a little before 1100. When I awoke, they had taken Jack for a run. We learned that Vic had invited Jean and Jessie to go along on the women’s day out.
Christmas dinner featured prime rib, beets, garlic mashed potatoes, parsnips, and scalloped oysters.
Margaret Tom Lydia Bill Kate Sal
Monday, December 24, 2007: Kate and Sal (& Jack) arrived just before 1700. By that time I felt really crummy and skipped dinner, opting for bed at 1830. After a nap, I got up and had some soup and we watched The Bishop’s Wife. We were all back in bed by 2200.
Sunday, December 23, 2007: Today, Lyd is better, but I have developed some chest congestion.
Saturday, December 22, 2007: Lyd still feels crummy, so we called Kate and she called in a prescription to a local pharmacy for an anti-biotic. Bill arrived before 1500. Lyd slept most of the afternoon and re-appeared at 1600.
Friday, December 21, 2007: We were up relatively early. After completing the crossword, I went to the market. Lyd still feels like poop.
Thursday, December 20, 2007: We awoke without the alarm at 0345. We showered, finished the checklist and left the house at 0430. We dropped the car off at Champions and made it to the airport and through security without incident. The flight departed on time. We were into Philadelphia a little early, so we attempted to make the 0930 flight to Salisbury. They had room but told us there would be a charge of $25 each to take the earlier flight. We went for pizza instead. We arrived a little early and there was a welcoming committee for a soldier on the plane; very patriotic. Victor and Elaine picked us up and took us to Margaret’s. Lyd still feels crummy.