||Tilapia with a Red Onion, Tomato and Basil Compote
3 ounces Gunther's Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Sun dried Tomato Marinade
2 ounces Red Onion Diced
2 ounces Tomatoes Seeded and Diced
3 each Basil Leaves Chopped
1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
To Taste Salt
To Taste Pepper
1. Marinate the Tilapia in a zip lock bag for a minimum of 45 minutes in the refrigerator.|
2. While Tilapia is marinating, mix the diced red onions, tomatoes and basil in a small bowl, add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and refrigerate.
3. Place the marinated Tilapia on a baking sheet and place on middle oven rack in a pre-heated 375 degree oven.
4. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until the Tilapia is firm yet still has a bit of spring to it when you touch it. (Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the fish.)
5. Once it is cooked, place fish on plate and top with the chilled red onion, tomato and basil compote.
Garnish with basil leaves.
6. Extra Gunther's Gourmet Roasted Garlic & Sun dried Tomato Marinade can be used to paint the plate or as a dipping sauce.
2018-01-22: marinate longer; add scallions to the compote. cucumber was added to the compote but didn't add much. The red onion was omitted by mistake