||Gunther Chicken Thighs
1 Chicken thigh, skinless, boneless, per person
4 ounces Gunther's Lemon Oregano
2-3 ounces Seasoned Bread Crumbs
2-3 ounces Olive Oil
4 each Lemon Wedges
1. Marinate trimmed and flattened chicken thigh in Gunther Lemon Oregano|
2. Remove from Marinade and let excess marinade drip off.
3. Lightly dust chicken thigh in bread crumbs until evenly and well coated.
4. In a large saute pan, one which can hold all four chicken thighs without them touching, heat olive oil over high heat.
5. Place chicken thigh in hot oil and saute until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Turn over and repeat. *Always turn the product you are frying away from you so if there is a splash of oil, it splashes away from you.*
7. Cook until the chicken thigh is golden brown and firm and springs back when touched.
If the chicken thigh is a nice golden brown but still soft to the touch, remove from pan, place on a cookie sheet and put into a preheated 375 degree oven for 3 to 6 minutes.
This finishes cooking the center without burning the outside.
This also helps to get rid of some of the oil in which you fried the chicken.
8. When cooked through, remove from oven and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes.
9. Slice each thigh in half on a bias, plate and serve with lemon wedges, garnish and sides of your choice.
*Note more of Gunther
2018-01-20: three thighs were prepared and were excellent; served with mac-n-cheese and pearl onions in cream sauce.|
2018-01-17: Added to the cookbook.