||Lamb Shank Sous Vide
2 (1 1/2-pound) bone-in lamb shanks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 sprigs thyme
1/2 cup dry red wine
1. Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 143ºF (62ºC).|
2. Put the lamb shanks into two bags with four sprigs of thyme per bag. Seal the bags using the water immersion
technique or a vacuum sealer on the moist setting.
3. Place the bags in the water bath and set the timer for 48 hours. Cover the water bath with plastic wrap to
minimize water evaporation. Add water to the water bath, as needed, to keep the shanks submerged.
1. When the timer goes off, remove the bags from the water bath. Remove the shanks from the bags and pat very
dry with paper towels.
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter stops foaming, add the shanks. Sear
shanks until well-browned on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat and add the red wine. Bring to a rapid simmer and reduce, stirring
occasionally, until thickened into a sauce, about 5 minutes.
2018-03-30: Our first try. The consistency was excellent, but the seasonings need work.