||Mexican White Cheese Dip
|Served with corn tortillas.|
1/2 pound white american cheese
1/4 cup 1/2-n-1/2
1 tablespoon butter
4 oz can of green chilis
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper - a pinch
1. Place cheese, milk, and butter in a sauce pan over low heat.|
2. Heat until melted - stirring frequently.
3. Stir in the green chillis, cumin, garlic salt, and the cayenne pepper. Remember, it doesn't take much cayenne.
4. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
5. Serve immediately with chips, tortillas, and your favorite mexican dish.
2018-12-09: An excellent first attempt; served with tostitos, and later, with Fritos.|
2018-12-07: Added to the cookbook.