Home Buddy's Journal 2017
- <<< Summer, 2017 >>> -
Mon, Jul 31 I went back to Dr. Susan and she said I was great. She says that thing she took out of my mouth was the first one in 35 years that wasn't malignant.
I got lots of scritches and lovin' while she checked me out and thought it was gonna' be OK until.......
.......Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing back there?
Tue, Jul 25 Dr. Susan called today to talk with Mom and Dad. Mom got real weepy. I think it was something to do with Bingo, 'cause they kept saying "B9," whatever that means. Mom seems really happy, though, so that's a good thing. I think I'll take a nap.
Thu, Jul 20 This day started out funny. I got Mom up a little after 6, as is my responsibility. Dad got up, too. Mom forgot my breakfast even though i tried to remind her. A little after 8, we went for a ride in the car, but my blankets and food bowl weren't in the car, like when I go to Little Paws. OH OH! This is the same place we came on Monday. This is NOT good. Now, Mom feeds me and takes me out to do my business, so she's my favorite and we usually snuggle a lot. THIS place is scary, so like when the thunderstorms are trying to get me, I turn to Dad for protection. Ok, the door is opening; time to go. WAIT! That's the wrong door. DON'T LEAVE ME!!
OK, it's 1600 and Mom and Dad are here to get me. I had a nice long nap, and when I woke up, my mouth felt funny. Dr. Susan talked with Dad and gave him a full report and wants to see me in 10 days. Now, I'm home and I think I'll take another nap.
Mon, Jul 17 We went to see Dr. Susan at her office. The whole place smelled funny. She looked in my mouth and told Mom and Dad that the spot has got to come out. So, she's gonna' see me, again, on Thursday. I'm gonna' be there all day, but I've been promised I'll get a nice nap. Maybe I get to run first as Mom and Dad were told I have to be "fasting." They can get me around 2 in the afternoon, so I'll be home in time for dinner. Oh, yeah, Dr. Susan says I only weigh 39 pounds.
Dr. Susan
Mon, Jul 10 My friend, Dr. Barbara, came to see me and took a look at my tongue. I'm at an all-time high of 43 pounds! I think she took some blood, too, but Dad kept feeding me treats and Mom held me tightly, so I'm not sure what Dr. Barbara was doing. Anyway, Dad made me an appointment at the Salisbury Animal Hospital on Monday, 17 July to find out what is this spot thingy. At least I'll get a ride in the car, which is always fun. Come to think of, the destination is not fun, but the ride is!
Thu, Jul 6 They went away for the weekend, again, this time to Baltimore Inner Harbor. They went to the National Aquarium where there were lots of fish. Going to Little Paws is fun, but going home is better!
Mon, Jun 5 They took Sal, Kate, Dominic and Leo to Disney World in June (not me). I'd really like to go. I hear there's two dogs, one called Pluto and one called Goofy, and Goofy talks. I get to spend the week at Weeping Willow Kennel in the Little Paws section, so that's fun, particularly if my friend Banner, a Corgi from the down the street, is also there. On the way to the kennel, Mom looked in my mouth and saw a spot on my tongue.
Thu, Jun 1 Mom & Dad have encouraged me to express myself, so I'm resuming my journal.