||Kung Pao Chicken
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
1 can water chestnuts
2-3 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
1/3 cup Soy sauce, divided
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch|
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoon chopped Jalapeņo
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
Fluffy Hot Rice
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into 1/2" strips.
- Cut Chicken into 1/2" cubes and put in a ziploc bag. Drizzle with 1/4 cup Soy Sauce and marinate for at least an hour.
- Combine remaining soy sauce, water and next 6 ingredients, stirring until blended; set aside.
- Pour olive oil around the top of a wok or skillet, coating sides; heat at medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
Add Chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add bell pepper, water chestnuts and onion; stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add soy sauce mixture; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in peanuts; serve over rice.
2018-01-29: with 2 chicken breasts (not marinated) this first attempt was served over 1/2 pack of Asian noodles; a full pack would be better.